quotes and stuff

    Greetings:

I have a problem reproducing accurate text from various locations on my Woody
box.  I go to many web sites to read news that use the quotation symbols ["],
but it is reproduced on my box as a box or a space.  The apostrophe ['] is
also often reproduced here wrongly as a space.  What have I done wrong that
this is happening only on documents not produced on this box?  In other
words, if I use something like StarOffice 5.2 to create a document, all is
fine, but if I import a document that was saved in RTF or DOC, I see this
problem.  Same is true when I visit many websites with all my browsers.

Any help would be nice.

tia and tatah

--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user\/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.