Re: portable mirror?

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 11:45:34AM -0800, JC Portlock wrote:
> With Woody changing as rapidly as it is, the update/upgrades are killing
> me.  I'm looking for the best program to allow me to take a laptop to
> where I can get some bandwidth, download what I need for my home system
> onto the laptop, and then update/upgrade from the laptop to the desktop.
> (My home system  is dialup only).

apt-zip was designed for exactly this. (think "ZIP disk" 100MB)

Instead of downloading, apt-zip creates a BASH script that you can take
wherever you want, which then downloads the needed files (wget needed on
target machine), and another BASH script which installs the stuff.

mfg, Jens Benecke  /// www.hitchhikers.de, www.linuxfaq.de, www.linux.ms
This mail is an attachment? Read http://www.jensbenecke.de/misc/outlook.html

V: Epson Stylus Color 600, 1440dpi, inkl. 4F+4SW-Patronen
V: MP3-Discman, spielt MP3-CDs und CDA, Neupreis EUR200.-
V: 8/40x TEAC SCSI CD-Writer, kann Überlänge, NP EUR250.-