Re: dpkg Weirdness

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:58:30 -0600, Chris Cheney <ccheney@cheney.cx>
wrote:

>kde (meta) -> koffice (meta) -> kivio -> python2.1
>
>maybe kivio in woody depends on python 1.5 ?

OK, thanks.  I wasn't expecting KDE to depend on scripting language
packages.

I guess in these days of large hard disks I shouldn't fret about such
things :)

>Removing python2.1 on a sid system would require that kde, koffice,
>and kivio at minimum to be removed.

Thanks for the warning.  I'll just have to upsize my Linux set-aside
disk space.  Actually, in another response on debian-user David Harris
points out that his fresh Woody install with all the same stuff as me
totals just over 300 Mb ... so I must have some dross taking up space
somewhere.

Cheers

Nick
Bristol, UK
--
Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming: Never test for an
error condition you don't know how to handle.