Re: CD Writer for filesystems, & HD Backup SW HowTo - Recommendations please?

Thanks for your help!  I have a few questions:

====================================
>-- just make sure the ide-cd module isn't loaded,

How?

>then load the ide-scsi, sg,

How?

>and (possibly) the sr_mod module.

How do I know if I _should_ load this module?

Also, for all my above 3 questions:  Is there some document that explains
why to do all the above, or gives more detail about it?
What is the topic relevant to those questions?  -  Device drivers?
What is a "module"?

Thanks.  :)