Re: kmail changing default web browser

On Wednesday 23 January 2002 17:01, David Bishop wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 January 2002 09:56 am, Nigel Pauli wrote:
> > Is there a way of changing the browser that is automatically
> > launched when one clicks on a url from Konqueror to Opera? I'm
> > using Kmail 1.2 on KDE 2.1.2.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nigel
>
> edit mimetypes, change text/html's handler to opera.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm writing up the
details of what I did for the archive.

1. Click on KDE Control Center on the bottom application bar then
click through in succession: File Browsing, File Associations, known
types, text, html.
2. Click on Add...
3. Browse to /usr/bin/opera
4. Click opera in the Application Preference Order then on Move Up to
get it to top of the list.
5. Click Apply.

Nigel
--