Re: KAdressBook problems

On Friday 18 January 2002 04:04 pm, Hendrik Sattler wrote:

> Am Freitag, 18. Januar 2002 15:28 schrieb Regnat Nikolaus:
> > Another question: Why does KDE have two adress managers (kadressbook and
> > kab)? Is there any reason for this (e.g. do we really need two adressbook
> > applications)?
>
> They are only frontends to the same data. There is even a third one:
> abbrowser.
> However, the address management capabilities in KDE2 are...lets say...
> simple. Almost all features that would make its use worthwhile are left
> out.

Can you give me some examples?  I am in need of an address book and figured
I'd use one of KDE's since I use KDE all day anyway.  If any of these
features render the address book critically broken, then it would be helpful
to know up front so I don' waste time entering data I can't work with
intelligently.

Thanks.

> :-(
>
> And whoever got the idea to store the data file in a _hidden_ directory of
> the home dir (~/.kde/share/apps/kab) should get...oh well...
<snip>

That's unfortunate -- I'll have to keep that in mind, lest I accidently
delete all my entries.

<snip>