Re: KDE filesystem structure

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 05:09:18AM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On Tuesday 15 January 2002 03:25, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 02:44:29AM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> > > Hi James,
> > >
> > > Your reasoning is right. KDE filesystem layout on debian systems is
> > > terrible, and it is not what KDE was designed for. I'm going to have a
> > > look at all those issues when I'm done with my thesis (2 weeks from now)
> > > because it drives me mad as I'm trying to maintain a gideon debian build
> > > and an own gideon build for hacking at the same time.
> >
> > Patches are, of course, welcome.
>
> It's too late to change KDE2.x packaging. Though KDE3 might benefit from
> improvements. Let's discuss these when I get back (from msc. thesis
> purgatory) and we can work on KDE CVS all together.

Like I've told you before, KDE3 is not my department. The extent of my
KDE3 influence is talking to Chris on IRC; something I suggest you do if
you want to become involved in KDE3 packaging.

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
<lamont> aj: it would seem that the lawyer in question doesn't work