Fwd: (forw) PR ports/31629 (People with access to non-FreeBSD Unix needed to help)

This apparently concerns a KDE bug.  Can we get a list of how the various
Linux ports work?

----- Forwarded message from Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net> -----

Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:56:11 -0500
From: Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To: KDE FreeBSD List <kde-freebsd@lists.csociety.org>
Cc: ports@freebsd.org
Subject: PR ports/31629 (People with access to non-FreeBSD Unix needed to
 help)

I need some help testing on various *nix systems to get further info on a
KDE bug.

OK, I tested the bad chmod call on Solaris. Solaris takes the bad value and
does exactly what my previous message predicted. Ugh.

Anybody with access to AIX, HP/UX, TruUnix (or whatever), SCO, etc, please
run this test program and send me the results, using the commands I used
(except for compiler, of course, if you have something other than gcc). I
will summarize on the kde-freebsd list and update the KDE bug.

[aeldri@piglet ~]$ cat foo.c
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <errno.h>

int
main(int ac, char **av)
{
        if (ac == 3) {
                char *fn = av[1];
                char *md = av[2];
                int mode = 0xffff;
                sscanf(md, "%x", &mode);
                if (!chmod(fn, mode)) {
                        printf("chmod ok\n");
                } else {
                        printf("chmod barfed; error = %s\n",
 strerror(errno)); }
        }
        return 0;
}

[aeldri@piglet ~]$ chmod 664 foo.c
[aeldri@piglet ~]$ ls -l foo.c
-rw-rw-r--    1 aeldri   aeldri        336 Nov 29 16:36 foo.c
[aeldri@piglet ~]$ gcc -o foo foo.c
[aeldri@piglet ~]$ uname -a
SunOS piglet 5.7 Generic_106541-16 sun4u sparc
[aeldri@piglet ~]$ ./foo foo.c ffff
chmod ok
[aeldri@piglet ~]$ ls -l foo.c
-rwsrwsrwx    1 aeldri   aeldri        336 Nov 29 16:36 foo.c
[aeldri@piglet ~]$

--
Alan Eldridge
#include <cstdlib>