Re: highly [OT] debian matlab

> 1. easy to maintain == debian :)
> 2. matlab == ?? (I hope this is 'doesn't matter or 'debian')

I'm running a server with Debian woody, and have both Matlab versions
5.2 and 6 installed.  The only problem is that the GUI of Matlab 6 is
a little buggy and locks up once in awhile.  I think this is a Java
problem.  I don't know if this would be any different with say Red
Hat.  Also we find that for a lot of code, Matlab 5.2 is significantly
faster than 6.

By the way, if you've got a large disk, then you can copy all the
documentation to the hard disk and modify the matlab paths file (don't
remember which file it is).  The installation doesn't do this for you.

Eric