Re: Using apt_preferences?

>> To get your pref's working, I think taking the white space
>> lines out of your pref's file, I think that white space in this file
>> should only separate sections. I have 0 blank lines in my pref's, and
>> it works fine.
>>
>I'll give this a try. But KDE from unstable has jsut finished loading so
I'll
>see how it goes.

This did fix my problem with my preferences file! I'm no programmer, but
blank lines shouldn't make that kind of difference in a text-format config
file, IMHO.

However, when KDE2.2.1 finished downloading and tried to install, I got a
major list of errors and problems. I tried fixing these using my newly
working preferences file, but only got into deeper trouble. The current
situation is, I've got a very strange mix of testing and unstable and now
KDE is completely FUBAR! I realise this is only my fault. Now I'll have to
use Gnome to try to fix it.

I think I'll down-rev the system back to testing by setting the pin for
testing to 1001 and then wait to see how long it takes KDE2.2.1 to hit my
testing mirror.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice and rightfully pointed out the excess
blank lines as the fault with my preferences, and to Ivan for keeping us in
an Up-To-Date KDE!

Cheers,

     John Gay