Re: Using apt_preferences?

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001 20:47:36 +0000
John Gay <johngay@eircom.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 28 October 2001 20:18, John Batistic <johnbat@ihug.co.nz>,
wrote:
> > On Sun, 28 Oct 2001 19:53:32 +0000
> >
> > John Gay <johngay@eircom.net> wrote:
> > > I wanted to update my testing system to KDE2.2.1 and was usingthe
info
> > > provided by Bruce Miller in his mini-HOW-TO but I'm having problems
with

> > my
> >
> > > preferences file. The contents of /etc/apt/preferences is:
> >
> > Maybe a silly question John,
> > but have you upgraded to the unstable version of apt?
> >
> progeny:/home/jgay# dpkg -l apt
> ii  apt            0.5.4          Advanced front-end for dpkg

Your version of apt is the same as mine
Your preferences file appears to be the same as mine,
apart from the blank lines.

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 777

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 333

I take it you have both testing and unstable sources in sources.list?

John Batistic