Re: Does KDE Multimedia Need Improvement?

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001 05:15, Robert Tilley wrote:
> Do I need to ditch KDE and use a lightweight wm for for multimedia?  I
> would use noatun (KDE Multimedia Player) but that program doesn't allow
> easy display-window size-changing.
>
> Any information as to what I may be doing wrong is most welcome.

I find xine quite good for mpeg playback and it seems "nearly
as smooth" as M$ WMA in full screen mode. The only problem I
have with it is xine does not auto-repeat so the first and last
dozen frames or so are lost. Whether you have a video card
supporting hardware acceleration or not would make the most
difference. I expect most windows drivers are tuned better,
ie; it's not really KDE's fault and just getting more ram
back will not make the biggest difference.

--markc