Does KDE Multimedia Need Improvement?

I did not receive a copy of this letter from the list, so I have to assume
that something went wrong and it was never mailed to the list.  Pardon the
duplication if it did.

--

For multimedia playback on Windows I use the normal system program (which I
can't think of at the moment because it's been more than a week since I was

On a Windows 2000 platform, I can watch mpeg videos full-screen-size and
catch more nuances of action as opposed to watching the same video under
Linux, even at 320*240 (or whatever that smallest size is).  At anything
larger, too many skips occur for reasonable use.

What factor allows Windows, a bloated and buggy product, to play video
effortlessly as compared to Linux?  I actually prefer to view some of my
favorite music videos under Windows because the playback is much smoother and
the sync'ing of the audio and video is much more exact.

Do I need to ditch KDE and use a lightweight wm for for multimedia?  I would
use noatun (KDE Multimedia Player) but that program doesn't allow easy
display-window size-changing.

Any information as to what I may be doing wrong is most welcome.
--
Comments and information are appreciated.
Flames, rants, and other miscellany are routed to /dev/null.

Robert Tilley, tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com