Euro support for KDE/debian potato?

Hi.

I followed with some interest the discussion about Euro support under
KDE. Unfortunately the solution discussed supposes debian testing or
unstable. I have an up-to-date debian potato box with KDE 2.1.2. and
XFree 3.3.6. Searching around I found various explanations about how
to get debian testing or unstable to display/accept the Euro symbol
but nothing about debian potato.

Was anybody on this list able to get Euro Symbols onto potato with
KDE? How would I proceed? Any pointers to something like a Mini-HOWTO?

This is were I am:

- The Euro symbol displays alright in Netscape.

- xmodmap shows: keycode  26 = e E EuroSign

- I can input the Euro symbol with AltGr-e in XEmacs using
x-iso8859-15.el and x-iso8859-15.el. (But the generic currency symbol
is shown instead.)

- Everywhere (except Netscape, including XEmacs) the generic currency
symbol is shown instead of the Euro symbol.

- In other applications under X (all I tried) I can input the Euro
symbol with AltGr-Shift-4 (the generic currency symbol is
displayed). Pressing AltGr-e happens nothing.

Any hints?

Many thanks in advance!

Andreas Gösele