Re: KDE completely broken?

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 05:50:25PM -0500, Ben Burton wrote:

> So is anyone else finding all of KDE broken after today's upgrade, or is
> it just me and my system?
>
> I'm currently trying to figure out how to use GNOME :) - even from GNOME,
> starting kAnything will result in a segfault with no further explanation.
>
> bab@espresso:~> konsole
> Segmentation fault
> bab@espresso:~> knetload
> Segmentation fault
> bab@espresso:~> konqueror
> Segmentation fault
>
> Today's upgrade included the latest X; not sure if that has anything to do
> with it.
>
> Ben.

I cannot get startx nor kdm to function correctly.

kdm restarts itself after attempting to startkde, and running startx
produces the following in my .xsession-errors:
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc: /usr/bin/ssh-agent  sh
/home/gbsadler/.xsession: No such file or directory

ls -la .xsession
-rwxr-xr-x    1 gbsadler gbsadler      247 Oct  5 19:27 .xsession

Hmmm?

--
Gordon Sadler