printing from kword had bad font substitution

Is everyone OK with printing from KWord in Sid?

I have the following situation:

* printing from the program fails becasuse the lpr command
KWord cooks up contains both parts of the printer name I have
in /etc/printcap (something like lpr -P"lp|HP Laserjet in the
Lab" ...), but at least I can still print to a file...

When I do print to a file, I find that the fonts are wrong.
Editing a simple document containing only times at a mixture
of font sizes and bold/italic/normal, it looks like the
non-bold fonts are having sans-serif fonts substituted in the
postscript output (the printer and preview versions are the
same).

I've no idea where to start looking for printer configuration
oprtions to try and fix this.

I do have cups packages installed, but am not using them at
the moment (unlike some other list contributors, I've not
every had any problems getting lpr to work... lucky me!  Just
showing my age, I guess 8-)

Any clues would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Nick/