Re: XMMS Is Broken?

> Whenever I double-click a song in XMMS to start play, there is no sound.
> All that happens is that each song in my list in highlighted in turn for
> about 1 second, then the selection moves down.

I've had that happen too... for some reason xmms decides that it wants to
convert mp3 to pcm and write to a wav file rather than play through the
audio device. My solution was to nuke my .xmms directory. Better solution is
not to use xmms (I generally just use mpg321).

xmms definitely isn't part of KDE though so probably another list would be
more appropriate :-)

- Daniel

*      Daniel Franklin - Postgraduate student in Electrical Engineering
*      University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia  *  d.franklin@ieee.org