kde 2.2.1 dependencies

Hi,

I'm running potato with KDE 2.1.2 and want to upgrade to KDE 2.2.1.
So I added the unstable-tree in the apt-sources (correct ?), in order to
install just KDE from the unstable tree.
After the first "apt-get install kde -s", I was surprised of some
dependencies, e.g. xfree86-common, perl-base, libncurses5, gcc ...

Now my question:
Why do I have to install xfree86-4.1 with KDE ?
I have no problem to install KDE from unstable, cause I can use fvwm in case
it will not work. But I'm unsure to install xfree from unstable.
So what can I do ?

cu
 Andreas

here's the result of "apt-get install kde -s":
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
  artsbuilder binutils cdparanoia cpp cpp-2.95 debconf dialog g++ g++-2.95
g77
  g77-2.95 gcc gcc-2.95 gobjc gobjc-2.95 kab kate kcalc kcharselect kchart
  kcoloredit kcron kdebase kdebase-audiolibs kdebase-libs kdelibs3 kdepasswd
  kdepim-libs kdf kdict kdm kfind kformula kfract khexedit kit kivio kjots
  knews knotes koffice koffice-libs konqueror konsole kontour korganizer
korn
  koshell kpackage kpaint kpm kpresenter kruler kscd kscreensaver ksirc
ksysv
  ktimer kugar kuser libarts libarts-mpeglib libbz2-1.0 libc6 libc6-dev
  libcdparanoia0 libdb2 libdb2-util libdb3 libdps1 libforms0.89 libfreetype6
  libkdenetwork1 libkmid libkonq3 liblcms liblcms-dev libldap2 libmimelib1
  libmng-dev libmng1 libncurses5 libogg0 libpcre3 libperl5.6 libpisock4
libpng2
  libpng2-dev libpopt0 libqt2 librpm0 libstdc++2.10-dev
libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2
  libvorbis0 libxaw6 libxaw6-dev libxaw7 libxml2 locales mpeglib noatun perl
  perl-5.005 perl-5.005-base perl-5.005-suid perl-base perl-modules
perl-suid
  rpm secpolicy whiptail xbase-clients xfree86-common xlib6g xlib6g-dev
xlibs
  xlibs-dev xserver-common xutils
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  librpm1 rstart rstartd xcontrib xmanpages xpm4g xpm4g-dev xsm
  artsbuilder cpp-2.95 g++-2.95 g77-2.95 gcc-2.95 gobjc-2.95 kab kate kcalc
  kcharselect kchart kcoloredit kcron kde kdebase-audiolibs kdepasswd
  kdepim-libs kdf kdict kdm kfind kformula kfract khexedit kit kivio kjots
  knotes koffice kontour korganizer korn koshell kpackage kpaint kpm
kpresenter
  kruler kscd kscreensaver ksirc ksysv ktimer kugar kuser libarts-mpeglib
  libbz2-1.0 libdb3 libdps1 libfreetype6 libkdenetwork1 libogg0 libpcre3
  libperl5.6 libpisock4 librpm0 libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 libvorbis0 libxaw6
  libxaw6-dev libxaw7 libxml2 mpeglib noatun perl perl-modules perl-suid
  secpolicy xlibs xlibs-dev xutils
49 packages upgraded, 71 newly installed, 8 to remove and 488 not upgraded.