Re: apt-get package priorities / installing KDE troubles

This is the risk you run when you try to update to unstable. I'm no expert,
but what is probably happening is, in order to install the updated KDE
packages you've asked for, apt-get needs to install several lib's that they
depend on. The problem then is, with these libs updated, the other app's
that apt wants to remove conflict with these new lib's, which is why apt
wants to remove them. This leaves you with two options at this point:

1) Do the update and loose things like Gimp, xmms pilrc, gnome,
kde-designer and such, or,

2) Wait a while longer for these conflicts to be sorted out and then
upgrade.

My personal preference is to wait until woody freezes and then do a full
apt-get dist-upgrade. But then I don't know enough about playing around
with various libs and conflicts enough to try playing with unstable.

So this is all dependant on your skill level and how much trouble you are
willing to put up with.

Cheers,

     John Gay

All I want for Christmas is a Woody!