Re: Panel Has No Applications

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 09:48:58AM -0400, Robert Tilley wrote:

> When I tested her by logging into her account, when KDE became active
> there were no applications on the panel.  I contrast this with my root
> account, which had the entire spectrum -- KOffice apps, Konqueror, Help
> Center, etc.  Why is her account different?  Any information is most
> appreciated.

<wild_guess>

kuser copies some .kde/ files+dirs to the new $HOME which don't contain
much (just a very very basic setup).

When KDE starts, the 'startkde' script detects that $HOME/.kde exists and
does NOT copy the KDE default configuration over.

-> Create a dummy user, check if that dummy has a .kderc, .kde/ dir. If it
does I was right. ;)

</wild_guess>

--
Jens Benecke ········ http://www.hitchhikers.de/ - Europas Mitfahrzentrale

MSTD, n: MicroSoft Transmitted Disease. Propagates only due to Microsoft's
insistence on distributing [software] that resembles Petri dishes.
See also ILOVEYOU, Melissa, Code Red, Sircam, IIS.
                     -- http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node=MSTD