Panel Has No Applications

'm working through some issues involving adding and deleting users from my
system, and have already noticed something funny involving KDE.

I'm running Testing and update my system nightly.  I added my wife to my
system with kuser (User Manager), with the Create Folder option checked.

When I tested her by logging into her account, when KDE became active there
were no applications on the panel.  I contrast this with my root account,
which had the entire spectrum -- KOffice apps, Konqueror, Help Center, etc.

Why is her account different?  Any information is most appreciated.

Thanks!
--
Robert Tilley, tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com