Re: Shared libs, moduledir

On Tuesday 07 August 2001 15:30, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:

> Hmm. I've tried KDEDIRS and it seems to work.
[snip]
> Do you have any idea why this applet might not show in kicker applets
> menu, or if there is a CLI equivalent of doing that?

Where do you set KDEDIRS? IMHO, it's not enough if you set in ~/.bashrc
or similar because shell startup files are not read by X. I have set
KDEDIRS in ~/.xsession and it's that file that I start from kdm.

My ~/.xsession file looks like this

----->----->----->----->----->----->----->----->----->----->----->----->
#! /bin/sh

export KDEDIRS=/usr/local:/usr

exec /usr/bin/x-session-manager

x-session-manager is linked to /etc/kde2/kde2.sh via the Debian
alternatives system.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                   GPG Fingerprint
mailto:schuerig@acm.org            DA28 7DEB 5856 3365 BED9