KDE 2.2 Final / Potato - Not ?

[now that KDE2.2 has gone "gold" ...]

Sorry - I know it's probably a tedious question for the pioneers, but
can anyone (Ivan ?) confirm there will be no KDE 2.2 for Potato ?

I recall Ivan saying a while back that it's just too much work to
back-port KDE2.2 to Potato, but was that just while the beta program
was underway, or is it a permanent policy ?

If that's so, what is the recommended Debian release *for the
nervous*, to use with KDE2.2 ?   Is "testing" good enough ?   (Would
Progeny do ?)

Assuming Potato can't be used, does anyone know of a CD image for a
suitable Debian release ?  (For various reasons I can't use online
installation.)

I'd really like to try KDE2.2 but don't want to use a Debian of
dubious stability (I'm a novice).

Thanks (and a tip o'the hat to the chefs),
Nick
Bristol, UK
--
Baruch's Observation:
  If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.