links not launching Konqueror

URLs in an email, or in the browser, where opening a Konqueror window is
required (right-click, New Window, or clicking on the link in an email) fail
to open a new window. I get a pop-up that gives file copying progress, and
then nothing. If the URL starts with ftp:// then it opens fine, and email
addresses open KMail no problem. If I right-click, copy to clipboard, and
select "Open with Konqueror" I get the same thing, but if I select "Open with
Netscape" it works as it should. I have read the archives, and have looked
through all of the settings that I can find, and can't find any reason for
this to be happening. Any suggestions?

I am running Potato 2.2r3 and KDE 2.1.2

Thanks

Michael