Re: kmix

John Gay wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 July 2001 19:35, Jens Benecke wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 04:47:09PM +0100, John Gay wrote:
> > > This seems to come up again and again. Users not in audio group or other
> > > access groups. Is there some reason that Debian does not include users
> > > into these groups by default?
> >
> > Don't let yourself be fooled by the "one-computer one-person" Windows mode
> > of thought. One local user, twenty remote users. Or two thousand.
> >
> > I don't want two thousand remote shell users to compete with me over one
> > audio device, the output of which only I can hear. Think "remote user
> > uploads and plays thrash metal MP3 files in the middle of the night".

Can't it (grant extra groups to user) be done using pam ?

/etc/pam.d/login
# This allows certain extra groups to be granted to a user
# based on things like time of day, tty, service, and user.
# Please uncomment and edit /etc/security/group.conf if you
# wish to use this.
# (Replaces the `CONSOLE_GROUPS' option in login.defs)
# auth       optional   pam_group.so

--
Mariusz Zielinski