Re: Logout and lock a KDE2-session

> So I searched on my system and in books for the command that logs out a
> user's session.

dcop kdesktop default logout

> The second is: I want to remove the lock - item from the front panel
> menu of KDE. User's shouldn't be permitted to lock out while having
> a break, they only should logout from their session.

impossible. after 2.2 is released, it will be made optional, but you
can't prevent the users from enabling it themselves or using a
completely other screen locker. but this is no problem, if you leave
alt-ctrl-backspace enabled - the screen saver will be killed together
with the rest of the session.

greetings

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.