Re: QT 3 issues

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 06:34:34PM -0600, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> the -4 version which I uploaded yesterday/day before (has new packages so
> will be another day at least) contains qmake. (it's in the -dev package)

Cool!

> as for the header's...what headers and where do they need to be installed?

OK, actually this is a bit more complicated than I thought ..

First off, designer comes with a set of plugins, and expects a plugins
directory to exist under $QTDIR.  It doesn't look as though the current qt3
packages provide one.  I think my installation has been working because I
had installed qt3 already under /usr/local, and .. well, long story.

Anyway, here is what is needed:

* Plugins directory, and associated plugins

>From the qt3 tarball, these are:

plugins/
plugins/sqldrivers
plugins/styles
plugins/designer
plugins/designer/libwizards.so
plugins/designer/libcppeditor.so
plugins/designer/libdlgplugin.so
plugins/designer/librcplugin.so

I don't know what the 'styles' directory is for.  I'm thinking the sqldrivers
directory is for the database module.  I don't think I built that one, which
would explain why that directory is empty in that listing ..

I would install these under /usr/share/qt.  Designer currently always looks
for plugins under $QTDIR/plugins/designer.

* Designer "interfaces" headers

These are needed to build plugins for Designer.  Here are the paths in the
tarball:

tools/designer/interfaces
tools/designer/interfaces/actioninterface.h
tools/designer/interfaces/designerinterface.h
tools/designer/interfaces/editorinterface.h
tools/designer/interfaces/eventinterface.h
tools/designer/interfaces/filterinterface.h
tools/designer/interfaces/interpreterinterface.h
tools/designer/interfaces/languageinterface.h
tools/designer/interfaces/preferenceinterface.h
tools/designer/interfaces/programinterface.h
tools/designer/interfaces/projectsettingsiface.h
tools/designer/interfaces/templatewizardiface.h
tools/designer/interfaces/widgetinterface.h

Only one of these, the last one, is actually used for making widget plugins,
but the other interfaces look pretty interesting to me .. :)

I'd put these headers under /usr/share/qt/tools/designer/interfaces.

And, well, um, that's all I can think of for now :)

cheers
Michael Ashton <data@ieee.org>
----
The three laws of thermodynamics:
1. You can't win; you can only break even.
2. You can't break even.
3. You can't get out of the game.