Re: "su" Capability Needed In Konqueror

Once upon a time, I heard Robert Tilley say

> Too many times I have needed to perform file manipulation using Konqueror and
> found I needed to have root's access permissions.  So I out of KDE -- log
> back in as root -- do what I need -- and log back in as a normal user
> (myself).

The question is why do you need to use konqueror? besides its ease of use.
ANW, I don't know whether konquerer allows you to do such a thing or not.
But you can, from a shell, su to root and call konqueror from there. If
you have a problem starting konqueror as root, there are several
solutions, read debian-user for more info. In short, you may use xhost,
XAUTHORITY, and sudo for the task.

> This is needlessly complicated I feel.  Does Konqueror/KDE provide a method
> to su to root within a GUI environment?

well, too complicate :)

Chanop
--