Re: I hate gdm!

On Tuesday 05 June 2001  1:00am, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> well you can always remove the prerm script (rm
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/gdm.prerm) however not knowing what all it does in that
> script you may cause gdm to not properly cleanup after itself.  my
> suggestion would be to grab that script and take a look to see what's
> hosed.
>
> Ivan

Thanks for the tip.  I've been out of town and haven't gotten back to this
until now.  But let me show you what the entire gdm.prerm script was on my
system:

#!/bin/sh
exit 1

WHAT?!  I decided I could safely remove it, and after that everything worked
great.  I guess it pays to know what's going on behing the scenes.

Thanks,
James Smith