Re: autoconf2.13 vs. autoconf

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 07:09:56AM +0800, Debian User wrote:
> What's the difference between autoconf2.13 and plain autoconf? The
> former is mentioned in the Build-Depends for kdelibs. My version of
> plain autoconf is already 2.13.

It's a sid thing. If you are running unstable, autoconf 2.50 recently
was released. Due to some changes/compatibility with previous
configure.in scripts written for 2.13 there are now two packages for
autoconf.

If you have autoconf at version 2.13 from potato/woody it should work
fine. However, if you have autoconf 2.13 from sid you should upgrade.
You'll end up with :
autoconf 2.50-6
autoconf2.13 2.13-33

There is a wrapper script so any calls to auto programs invoke the
correct version.

--
Gordon Sadler