Re: Access Control behaves strange

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 10:48:11PM +0200, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 May 2001 22:16, Burkhard Perkens-Golomb wrote:
> > During upgrade a warning appears that X starts now with "-nolisten tcp"
> > :-) . See /etc/X11/kdm/Xservers, delete "-nolisten tcp".
> No please don't delete it (without a good reason).  The problem can be
> solved in two other ways without any security loss.  a) use ssh as
> described earlier or b) use :0 instead of localhost:0 and su - After su -
> you can use (put it in a script) as root:

> export DISPLAY=:0
> xauth -f ~<my-normal-user>/.Xauthority extract - $DISPLAY | xauth merge -

There's an even simpler way (tho I wouldn't understand why you don't use
ssh):

ln -fs /home/achim/.Xauthority /root/.Xauthority

That way root will always have the "Magic cookie" from X, when achim is
logged in via X.

> > Greetings to Wuppertal from Munich,
> Second greeting to Wuppertal from Munich, and first one from Munich to
> Munich :)

All greetings from Hamburg to Wuppertal, Munich and also Munich ;)

are we provoking a pingpong here?

--
Jens Benecke                            > "Dann nimm lieber gleich Pattex!"
                "Na, ob das was hilft - der Hersteller ist schließlich eine