Re: Access Control behaves strange

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 09:19:51PM +0200, Hubert Palme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> avter my last upgrade of the Potato stuff yesterday, when I vane another
> window open with another user (e.g. root), I xannot run X applications:

I think this is intentional because it is a huge security hole. Use ssh, I
have an alias that does it in my profile:

	alias toroot='ssh -l root -X localhost'

then toroot will work just like "su -" but will also forward X connections,
and ONLY from the user you "ssh"ed to, to your display.

--
Jens Benecke                            > "Dann nimm lieber gleich Pattex!"
                "Na, ob das was hilft - der Hersteller ist schließlich eine