Re: Path for Quickstart (ALT+F2)

> I can't run selfcompiled programs stored in /usr/local/... from the
> quickstart box (ALT+F2), however from a konsole, it works fine.
>
> Do they use different path environment variables? Or what is my problem?

yes, i think so. in konsole, your shell parses it's startup scripts
and therefore has your specified path settings.
kde runs directly from the x session and therefore doesn't know anything
about your startup files.
and no, this is NOT a bug in kdm. :)
fixing this problem for path is fairly easy: add the right paths to
the userPath variable in /etc/x11/kdm/kdm-config.

gruß ;)

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.