Re: building from CVS

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 09:44:39PM +0200, Karolina Lindqvist wrote:
> When I build from CVS, with the debian rules files, I always get
> problems on in debian/rules lines like:
>
> cp debian/kbm.init.d debian/kdm/etc/init.d/kdm
>
> The problem is that the destination directory often do
> not exists, and thus the cp fails. Do I need a special kind of cp
> to build with the debian/rules file, that creates missing
> directories, or what is the answer to this riddle?

I don't know what version of debhelper you have, or how current your CVS
is, but, above the line that does the cp'ing there is a call to
dh_installdirs. There is a debian/kdm.dirs file that will tell
dh_installdirs which dirs to create. So it is taken care of.

If you  have an old debhelper, or maybe you CVS is missing
debian/kdm.dirs, this probably won't work correctly.

Ivan designs/develops the kde CVS stuff under Sid IIRC.

Gordon Sadler