Re: Lost kmail password?

> Is there somewhere in a config file for kmail I can find it?
surely ... .kde/share/config/kmailrc - but it's sort of encrypted.
the encryption looks like unciphered_char = 287 - ciphered_char.
you have the latin1 ascii encoding table at hand? *g*
no, seriously. compile this tiny program:

-------- snip --------
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
  char buf[100];
  int len, i;

  while (fgets (buf, sizeof(buf), stdin))
    len = strlen (buf) - 1;
    for (i = 0; i < len; i++)
      putchar (287 - buf[i]);

run it, paste the encrypted password from kmail into it and have
fun with the password.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.