Re: KDE and cups

On Thursday 03 May 2001 14:14, Nikolaus Regnat wrote:
> I just installed cups 1.1.4 and kups (KDE 2.1.1) and wondered why my
> configured printer (set up as system default) doesn´t show up in any
> printing dialog (e.g. Konqueror, Advanced Editor). Can anyone help me
> out with this problem?

KDE < 2.2 scans /etc/printcap.  AFAIR cups 1.1.4 generates a /etc/printcap.cups
(This changed several times) Edit /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and change the
printcap file name.  Every newly started Application should find now your
printer.

> Another problem I had with cups is that I needed to restart cups
> several times (when I installed my printer) because lpinfo -v showed
> sometimes only http and file or serial and not parallel and ipp as
> devices. What´s wrong with cups (or am I just to dumb to use it)?

No idea. We only have network printers.  Try to ask on cups@cups.org

Achim