Re: KDESupport Debian Package

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 03:11:40PM +0200, Daniel @ E-TREE wrote:
> Excuse my simple (or probably stupid) question.
>
> In the "Installation Istructions" of KDE is explained that the KDESupport
> Package is required for Debian distribution.
>
> But I can't find the package with that name. Is it a common name to call a
> group of base (gif, jpg, mime..etc) libraries? Or it exist?
>
> Btw I did an installation of KDE tryin' every package module dependecies
> specify, but it doesn't sound as linear as explained in the istructions.

Debian's package of kdesuport results in two debs. libmimelib1 and
libmimelib-dev.

grep-available kdesupport shows them as kdesupport is the Source name.

Don't try to follow kde.org directions if you are installing debs. If
you really don't know which packages you want, try task-kde... If you
use dselect, after choosing the task you can then resolve dependencies,
by removing the task and any unwanted depends of the task.

Gordon Sadler