Re: task-anti-aliasing

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 03:21:54PM +0200, Stefan Schwandter wrote:

> Why does the package have to depend on a font server, although XF 4.x
> supports TT fonts natively ?

cuz I just did it that way...I guess I could make everything a suggest
since nothing is truely needed except xlibs...then when someone does a
apt-get install task-anti-aliasing it won't install anything. :)

no for real...yes X does support TTF...however it does not provide certain
support that, for example, xfs-xtt does.

"XFree86 4.0's font server can handle TrueType too, but it
 can not handle TTCap. By using TTCap description, support for font
 transformations, such as slanting, adjusting glyph width, pseudo-bolding, etc."

Based on this I made a decision to depend on it.  you can alwasy choose not
to install it.

Ivan
--
Ivan E. Moore II