Re: At a loss with kppp

El Vie 23 Mar 2001 18:08, Victor escribió:

> After having used kde 2.01 on a redhat box for a year or so, I've installed
> the latest release of kde 2.1 stable for debian potato on my new PC and go
> on using kmail as my favourite mail reader.
> Unfortunately, kppp doesn't run correctly both as a user and as root. After
> dialing the phone number, it connects giving info about the connection but
> immediately stop declaring "pppd died unexpectedly - exit status 1" (I had
> a look at man pppd but this is an extremely generic error) . Neither is
> /var/log/messages more helpful: it says : "terminating on signal 15". I had
> a go at chmod u+s /usr/bin/kppp and at giving all the users the same dip
> group. No success.
> Could you please help me with it?

 Try to use 'pon' and 'poff', to check if the problem comes from kppp or
pppd. pon connects you to your ISP and poff disconnects you from your
provider. 'pppconfig' will help you to configure your PPP ISP connection. You
may have a look at /var/log/ppp.log for debugging purposes. All those
programs come from package ppp.

Pablo de Vicente.