KDE2.1 final packages - only the necessary?

Hi Debianers,

I am new to Debian, but not to Linux. I will install potato at the end of this
week, and I would like to put the kde2.1 final onto it. I know, I could use
apt-get to do this, but I only have a dialup connection. So I decided to go to
the potato (main) mirrors at kde.debian.net to download the packages at work
where the bandwith is higher. In the potato/main/i386binaries/ directory, I've
found zillions of packages some of them not releted to kde2.1 final at all.
Also, when looked at the packages description, I found that there are
conflicting basic packages like this:

Package: kdebase
Version: 4:2.1.0.1-0.potato4
<snip>
Conflicts: konqueror (<< 4:2.1-final-0), konsole (<< 4:2.1-final-0)

So I am really confused about what is essential to download for a working
KDE2.1 on potato...

In the past, when I used an rpm based distro, kde was packaged into bigger
chunks, and it was easy to decide which is essential for the system.

Could anyone point me the right direction in terms of what packages should I
download for a basic KDE system? After that I do not mind to use apt-get and
gradually getting the remaining debs at the pace I like...

TIA:   -- Viktor

----Viktor Lakics----

Through the Internet:

  lakicsv@usa.net