Re: Upgraded kdm - lost locale

Le Mercredi 14 Mars 2001 16:41, Perttu Muurimäki a écrit :
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > try adding
> >
> >  auth       required   pam_env.so
> >
> > to your /etc/pam.d/kde file
>
> Didn't help. I tried to add envfile=/etc/environment which didn't help
> either. Nor did adding
>
> LANG	DEFAULT=fi_FI
>
> LANG	DEFAULT=${LANG}
>
> LANG	DEFAULT=	OVERRIDE=fi_FI
>
> LANG 	DEFAULT=	OVERRIDE=${LANG}
>
> in /etc/security/pam_env.conf -file.
>
> Nothing helped tough I occasionally got messages from pam_env.so where it
> said it had deleted LANG -setting.

  I found on the debian-user mailing list two interesting things :

- in /etc/X11/Xsession, replace the first line #!/bin/sh by :
	#!/bin/bash --login
  in order to make X open a real session with environment variables defined.

- well-behaved session managers should recognize and use pam_env.so.
kdm seems unable to do that, whereas gdm does.

  The trick with pam_env.so did not work for me, but the one with Xsession
did. Hope it helps...

--
Thibaut Cousin
email : cousin@in2p3.fr