Re: kde startup problem

Le Mardi 13 Mars 2001 17:48, rob@myinternetplace.net a écrit :
> Ivan E. Moore II writes:
>  > thank you for the response...this pretty much confirms about 99% of
>  > the bug reports like this over the past week.  I'll be soooo glad when
>  > the Xft module is a shared library. :)
>
> Another thing.  A friend at work pointed me to a web page on
> www.xfree86.org where the author talks about fonts and X and all
> that.  He said to add
>
>         Load    "xtt"
>
> to the modules line in X4.  I did that, and with the modules section
> already having freetype and type1 in it.  the freetype and the xtt
> module don't play nice together.  I can only have one or the other
> commented out at a time.

  From the official font documentation in xfree86.org :

This version of XFree86 comes with two TrueType backends, FreeType (module
`freetype', formerly known as xfsft) and X-TrueType (module `xtt'). These two
backends are not compatible: only one of them can be used at any one time.

  You can read http://xfree86.org/4.0.2/fonts5.html#30 for the details...

--
Thibaut Cousin
email : cousin@in2p3.fr