kview & konqueror : no pics (kdesupport??)

Hello all::
I have successfully (?) installed kde2.0 on debian 2.2, but have had some
bizarre problems afterwards.
Kview won't show any pictures at all, and konqueror only shows some.(! think
it has something to do with blocking pics with links, but I don't know how to
turn it off.) I had to compile kdesupport., but I do have libjpeg62
installed.
By the way, I had compiled qt , and it said "compiling without gif, jpeg and
png support". Then I installed a binary libqt2.2 deb. I don't know if this
overwrote the previous qt install. I also don't know why it was compiling
without, say, jpeg support since I have the necessary libraries (I think...)

Thanks for any incoming help,
Kyle

--
"For he on honey dew hath fed,