Kmail won't send?

I'm not sure what happened, but now I can't send mails from kmail anymore :( I'm pretty sure it was working the last time that I had to remove the libqt2 and re-install libqt2.2, because I confirmed subscriptions to several debian mailing lists, but now it hasn't worked for a few days. The strange thing is, when I first removed libqt2 and then did an apt-get install task-kde, I had to re-set the password in kmails config. I can check my mails jsut fine, I just can't send any mails.

I'm after setting up my daughters E-Mail address and all the setting in the KDE1 kmail is the same as my setting, with the exception of E-Mail address and password.

I'm using SMTP with the server set to mail1.eircom.net and port 25.
Incoming mail is a pop account with the same server and port 110. I've got the login and password set properly, or I would not receive mail. I just don't know enough to know why I can't send mails. I have had to resort to using the webmail box to send this.

Sorry I didn't include any other relevant info, but I'm not very experienced with setting these things up.

Cheers,

	John Gay