Re: Kppp won't connect

I had bother with this one as well- only I did several things and I'm not
sure what I had to do and what I wasted time on (I think it would be
around KDE 2.0.1, is that potato?).

I re-jigged my ppp files with pppconfig (or whatever it is), but if wvdial
works it's probably not that.
I also had to insmod the various slhc.o and ppp*.o (can't remember - think
it's ppp_async.o?)
Finally I _might_ though I'm not sure have made kppp setuid (The idea
being that it worked with another program before, and that I don't much
know about linux security)

Kppp writes a debug file I think, /var/log/ppp.something.or.other, but it
won't hurt to "tail /var/log/syslog" and see if it's the ppp module
kicking up a fuss (I had errors about char-major-x when I didn't have the
modules loaded)

On the other hand I know scratch about it, and played around with it till
the early hours as well.  Good luck.

Ho hum

Martin