Re: KDE and "testing"

Le Mardi  9 Janvier 2001 22:03, Patrick K Notz a écrit :
> I'm considering moving from 'potato' to 'testing' but I thought I
> should see if anyone would like to share their experiences with KDE
> and 'testing' (or even just 'testing').  Also, what are the
> appropriate sources.list lines that one should use for the KDE
> packages that go with 'testing'?  (I know KDE is to be a part of
> woody, and hence testing, but I didn't know if that was in place yet.)

  If you're speaking about KDE 2.1, see Ivan's mail : you need unstable
because of XFree 4. Let me say that XFree86 4.0.2 is available as Debian
packages and works perfectly well (you have to fetch it by ftp, as it is in
the package pool : ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xfree86).
  But if you're speaking about KDE 2.0.1, it works with Potato so it works
just as well with testing. Here is my sources.list :

deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stable contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org potato/updates main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian dists/proposed-updates/
deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US dists/proposed-updates/
deb http://kde.tdyc.com/debian potato main crypto optional

  I had to keep the first line because the non-free and contrib sections of
testing are not complete. Maybe they are now, but they weren't two weeks ago.
  See you,

--
Thibaut Cousin
email : cousin@in2p3.fr