Re: KDE and "testing"

> I'm considering moving from 'potato' to 'testing' but I thought I
> should see if anyone would like to share their experiences with KDE
> and 'testing' (or even just 'testing').  Also, what are the
> appropriate sources.list lines that one should use for the KDE
> packages that go with 'testing'?  (I know KDE is to be a part of
> woody, and hence testing, but I didn't know if that was in place yet.)

I won't speak on the part of experiences with KDE but I do want to clarify
a few things so people don't get confuzzled.

KDE is not (ASAIK) part of 'testing' yet.  The rules for 'testing' are that
all packages (and dependant packages) must build on all platforms that they
are intended to build on and not have critical bugs against it (or important +...something like that)...So...let's see...

KDE depends on X4...X4 doesn't build on all platforms yet..or it does and
glibc2.2 doesn't...dunno..there are some dependent problems in there somewhere
resulting in KDE not being in 'testing' yet.

KDE still does not work on the Alpha platform properly...and I have heard of
problems with m68k (IIRC)...so...

so you have to be running  'sid/unstable' in order to get KDE officially still.
I'm doing my best to help get it out of unstable and into testing.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II