Re: Where is task-kde?

On 17 Dec 2000 17:18:41 +0100, Gian Piero Ascenso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install KDE2 on my Debian potato. This is the KDE line I got in sources-list:
>
> # KDE
> deb http://kde.tdyc.com potato main crypto optional qt1apps
>
> Nevertheless, when I try to apt-get install task-kde I'm told it's nowhere to be found:
(...)
> Last week I read in the debia-user list that this setup
> worked nicely. Has anything changed since then?

Actually, yes, something has changed. Don#t know what - or why -
exactly, though. I'd installed kde this way a week ago. Yesterday's
apt-get dist-upgrade removed task-kde, and a subsequent apt-get install
task-kde gave me an error message. Can't remember what exactly, but it
didn't appear serious (something to the effect that task-kde doesn't
exist anymore, but did exist once and is now obsolete). I don't know
what task package is responsible for installing kde now.

--

I did not vote for the Austrian government

Linux: The choice of a GNU generation. Visit http://www.gnu.org/