Re: kde and cd install disk

On Wednesday 06 December 2000 18:32, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a good friend, and I plan to surprise him with a new pentium pc and
> cdrom of debian. The question, All former distro's of debian never included
> things like netscape and kde. Will the new 2.2.r2 include these? It's
> pretty important that it does since he is way out of town and internet is
> not available to him for quick repairs etc.

Netscape is in stable (potato) and unstable (woody).  Woody also includes
kde 2 but potato does not.  For potato I would suggest to mirror tdyc via
rsync and burn a CD yourself.  Here's what I use to mirror kde2 i386 debs:

ds10(0) ~ > cat /root/bin/mirror-tdyc
#!/bin/bash
set -e

root=/scratch/mirrors/tdyc/dists/potato

cd "$root"
exec rsync -v -v -az --delete --delete-excluded \
        --exclude source/       \
        --exclude incoming/     \
        --exclude changes/      \
        --exclude qt1apps/      \