Re: need help: libkssl - shlibs problem

> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared
> library libkssl (soname 2, path /usr/lib/libkssl.so.2, dependency fields
> Depends)
> What I am doing wrong?

absolutely nothing.  libkssl are setup as alternatives because the real one
links against libssl which would mean that kdelibs would have to go into
non-us...sooo....but if libkssl is not there it causes problems...so I
build the stock kdelibs package without ssl support (thus creating
dummy libkssl files) and I provide libkssl as an alternative...I then
create a kdelibs crypto package which only provides alternatives for
libkssl that are linked against libssl thus allowing a user drop in
SSL suppport.

what you have to do as a packager is make sure that since your app links
to libkssl that you add in a sugests for kdelibs3-crypto and kdebase-crypto.
(has to be a suggests as they are non-us).

Ivan E. Moore II